25+ ways to boost positive energy in 5 areas of your home
For a house to become a home, it needs to radiate the right kind of energy. According to a number of traditional beliefs, each home comes with its own energy type. A person dwelling in a house comes under the influence of a specific energy field, which in turn influences him in one way or the other. Therefore it’s very crucial to understand the link between the healing art of Vastu and our homes in honing positivity and good vibes. Keeping in mind the ‘ready-to-move-in’ houses (where architectural changes are not possible), Vastu expert Dr. Arun sharma, founder and owner of Enlightening Lifestyle, enlists ways you can bring balance to your home.
1. Vastu for the Main Entrance: Doorway
According to Vastu Shastra, the main entrance to a home is not only the entry point for the family, but also for energy.
Considered as the “archway to victory and progress in life”, the main door should face north, east or in the north-east direction. It must be constructed in a way to ensure that when you step out, you face the north, east or north-east direction.
- The main door to your home should be constructed with superior quality wood. It should tower above the other doors in your house, and look the most appealing.
- Avoid placing a fountain, or any other decorative water-centric element, outside the main door.
- Avoid placing a shoe rack or dustbin outside the main door.
- There shouldn’t be a bathroom near the main door.
- Ensure the main entrance is well lit.
- Avoid painting the main door black.
- Decorate your door with beautiful nameplates and auspicious torans.
- Avoid placing animal statues or figurines near the main door.
- Ensure your main door opens in a clockwise manner.
2. Vastu for the Meditation Room: Spirituality
Designating a room in the house for meditation and prayers will ensure spiritual growth. It is always important for an individual to introspect and connect to a higher power, says Ddhannak.
ere is how you can go about designating a meditation/spiritual room:
- The east or north-east part of your home is perfect for meditation, yoga and other spiritual pursuits.
- Facing east when you meditate will increase positivity
- Create a sacred altar and decorate it with candles or incense sticks
- White, beige, light yellow or green are great colour options for the room
3. Vastu for the Living Room: Social
In a home, the living room is where most of the activity is centred. It creates a favourable (or unfavourable) first impression when guests enter for social gatherings. Therefore, ensure the living room is clutter-free.
Here are some other thumb rules to follow to make the living room Vastu-compliant:
- The living room should face east, north or north-east. Alternatively, a north-west-facing living room is also favourable.
- Heavy furniture should be kept in the west or south-west direction of the living room.
- All electronics and appliances should be installed in the south-east section of the living room
- If there is a mirror in the room, ensure it is placed on the north wall
5. Vastu for the bedroom: Balance
Sometimes, the smallest things can turn your fortunes around. Vastu Shastra shows you how tweaking your bedroom can enhance positive energy and even improve relations between couples.
Here are 5 tips to transform the energy ratios in your bedroom to help positively influence your sleep:
- Ideally, the bedroom in a south-west direction brings good health and prosperity. Avoid a bedroom in the north-east or south-east zone of the house as the former may cause health issues, while a bedroom placed in the latter direction may cause quarrels among couples.The bed should be placed in the southwest corner of the bedroom, with your head facing west.
- Avoid placing a mirror or television in front of the bed. Your reflection must not be seen in a mirror when in bed as it causes fights and other domestic disruptions.
- Paint your bedroom walls in neutral or earthy shades as it radiates positive energy. Avoid painting your walls black.
- Avoid having a temple, paintings depicting water or a fountain in the bedroom as it could cause emotional outbursts.
- Use mood lighting and burn aromatic oils to create an oasis of calm.